Living Off the Land
TPW Magazine, November 2008
This month we look at the heritage of Native American Indians and sustainable use of the land.
- Print "Living Off the Land"
- You may print and distribute this pdf of the article for classroom use.
- Student Page
- This web page is for your students, with links to a downloadable book, video clips and related web sites to guide students' research on bats.
- Background for Teachers
- Learn more about the topics for this month.
- Vocabulary - definitions and context
- These definitions include a context sentence to aid understanding.
- Activities and Lesson Plans
- From discussion questions to fun Project WILD activities, try these supplements to your curriculum to engage students.
- Ideas from Our Naturalists
- McKinney Falls State Park interpreter Shane Mooneyham shares two great ideas for you!
- Project WILD Activities
- Activities suited for this month's topics.