Student Research Page
Why are some animals and plants disappearing? If you don't have a copy of the magazine, you may print a copy of Vanishing! (pdf).
- Endangered Species Activity Book
- Make an Endangered Species Mask! Have a parade or make up a play!
- Color Texas Animals! Pick out the endangered species to color!
- Make an origami crane!
Watch these online videos!
- An ocelot hunting
- Black-footed Ferret: The ferret has not been seen in Texas for many years, but were here when your grandparents were your age. The US Fish and Wildlife Service explains how they are helping this species in Colorado. http://www.thefutureschannel.com/dockets/realworld/the_blackfooted_ferret/
- Bringing back the Red-Cockaded Woodpecker: http://www.nature.org/wherewework/northamerica/states/florida/misc/art22801.html
Keeping It Wild!
- Look at the Learn About Texas web pages. Find rare species from your region of Texas to adopt. Make a poster or brochure, put on a puppet show, construct a shadow box or make up your own endangered species trading cards!