Weird, Wacky and Wild
TPW Magazine, February 2009
Everyone feels a little weird sometimes! And good for us! Being different is important. Ecosystems depend on a variety of species each playing different roles, or niches in that system. Wildlife species have all kinds of adaptations to fill those special roles, minimizing their competition for survival. Sometimes those adaptations are just weird, wacky and wild!
- Print "Weird, Wacky and Wild "
- You may print and distribute this pdf of the article for classroom use.
- Student Page
- This web page is for your students, with links to activities, video clips and related web sites to guide students' research.
- Background for Teachers
- Learn more about the topics for this month.
- Vocabulary - definitions and context
- These definitions include a context sentence to aid understanding.
- Activities and Lesson Plans
- From discussion questions to fun activities, try these supplements to your curriculum to engage students.
- Project WILD Activities
- Activities suited for this month's topics.