Houston Urban Outdoor Program
The Houston Urban Outdoor Program provides assistance and support for groups working to introduce urban and non-traditional audiences to the great outdoors.
We serve non-profits, schools, government agencies, parks and recreation departments and other entities serving the interests of urban or non-traditional populations.
Guidance, training, planning & program support as well as recreational equipment are some of the things the Houston Urban Outdoor Program can provide to help your organization develop a safe, fun and exciting outdoor recreational program.
Most HUOP programs are free*! Call your Houston area Outdoors Specialist for more details.
Urban Outdoors Specialist
* Special use and entry fees may apply for certain activities.
Outdoor Learning 101 Series
Resources for your first step into the outdoors covering a wide variety of topics, some in Spanish.
- Archery (PDF 51.2 KB)
- Archery (Spanish) (PDF 40 KB)
- Birding (PDF 181.1 KB)
- Camping (PDF 223.2 KB)
- Camping (Spanish) (PDF 225.2 KB)
- Canoeing and Kayaking (PDF 78.8 KB)
- Freshwater Fishing (0 B)
- Freshwater Fishing (Spanish) (0 B)
- Hunting and Firearm Safety (PDF 72.3 KB)
- Hunting and Firearm Safety (Spanish) (PDF 63.6 KB)
- Mountain Biking (PDF 60.5 KB)
- Partners in Conservation (PDF 60.7 KB)
- Partners in Conservation (Spanish) (PDF 63.9 KB)
- Photography (PDF 74.8 KB)
- Rock Climbing (PDF 294.9 KB)
- Saltwater Fishing (0 B)
- Saltwater Fishing (Spanish) (0 B)