Making the Connection Webcast
The top three natural resource priorities for Texas are:
- water, and
How can we all help communicate the importance of water for Texas?
This webcast features experts who are "Making the Connection" between people and water. These award-winners will share expert tips of their craft. Our special treat is students from around the state who created newscasts, interviews, poems and even a play and original song about water!
The webcast has three parts –
- Understanding the Challenge (a primer on water issues and strategies for communicating to the public)
- Making the Message (writing, videography and marketing)
- Making the Message Real (interpretation and exhibits)
Follow along by clicking on the topics. To see the live video, click on either Windows Media or Real Player.
Making the Connections:
www.4empowerment.com and Birdville Independent School District
Special thanks to the students from the schools appearing in this webcast and their language arts teachers:
- C.C. Winn High School, Eagle Pass, Texas. Teacher: Debra McBeath
- Colorado High School, Colorado City, Texas. Teachers: Brenda Crosley and Melanie Grelhesl
- Haltom High School, Schaffer, Texas. Teacher: Cherry Langford
- John Jay High School Science and Math Academy, San Antonio, Texas. Teachers: Sharon Christensen and Ann Still
- L.B.J. Science Academy, Austin, Texas. Teacher: Linda McDonald
- Presidio High School, Presidio, Texas. Teacher: Denise Green