Selecting Plants for Your Garden
- Use natives!
- Choose bright colors (red, orange, and bright pink especially)
- Tubular shaped flowers
- Long bloom times
- Overlapping bloom periods
Making Hummingbird Food
- Ingredients: 4 parts water, 1 part sugar
- Directions: Bring water to boil; stir in sugar, and boil for 2-3 minutes. Let cool and store excess in refrigerator.
- Reminders: Do not substitute with honey.
Hummingbird Feeding Tips
- Sugar solution in feeder should be replaced at least once per week.
- Thorough cleaning of feeder cannot be done often enough.
- Bacteria and fungi are toxic to hummingbirds.
Top of Page