2012 News Releases (Search: "public comment")
Dec. 20, 2012
- TPWD Seeks Input on Possible Coastal Fisheries Regulation Changes
Plain Text –
AUSTIN — The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD) has scheduled three public scoping meetings in January to gather input about possible regulation changes for 2013-14. The scoping items include incorporation of a rule regarding recreational possession limit, clarification of fish harassment rules, bonus red drum tag requirement changes and new possession rules in state waters for aquatic resources in excess of federal limits.
Sept. 25, 2012
- TPWD Gearing Up for CWD Response during Deer Season — Public hearings to include workshops for hunters, landowners
Plain Text –
AUSTIN – Wildlife officials are asking mule deer hunters and landowners in far West Texas to familiarize themselves with new protocols developed as part of Texas Parks and Wildlife Department’s (TPWD) Chronic Wasting Disease response plan. The plan includes mandatory check stations for harvested mule deer taken inside the CWD Containment Zone, which covers portions of Hudspeth and El Paso counties. See map of CWD zones at http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/cwd.
Sept. 5, 2012
- Wildlife Officials Considering New Deer Movement Rules in Response to CWD
Plain Text –
AUSTIN – State wildlife officials say more deliberation is needed before new rules are adopted governing Texas Parks and Wildlife Department’s regulatory response to the detection of Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) in Texas. Consideration of proposed rules restricting deer movement in the CWD affected area of far West Texas will be delayed until the Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission’s November meeting.
Aug. 30, 2012
Aug. 20, 2012
July 11, 2012
June 25, 2012
- First Range-Wide Lesser Prairie-Chicken Aerial Survey Concluded — Results Could Affect Endangered Listing Consideration [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
May 25, 2012
May 24, 2012
May 23, 2012
May 3, 2012
- New Regulations to Affect Boaters, Anglers on Texoma, Lavon, Red River — Aim is to stop spread of invasive species [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
April 18, 2012
- Deepwater Horizon Natural Resource Trustees Announce Major Progress in Gulf Restoration Effort [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
April 12, 2012
April 4, 2012
- Public Input Sought on Proposed Devils River State Natural Area Public Use Plan — Five Meetings Set April 10-19 [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
March 30, 2012
- TPWD Opens Deer Season in Metro Dallas Counties, Approves Silencers [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
March 29, 2012 — Bundled Plain Text
- Texas wild-rice now protected in segment of San Marcos River [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
- TPWD Adopts Rules to Curb Spread of Exotic Species [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
Feb. 21, 2012
Jan. 26, 2012
Jan. 3, 2012
Publication — Permission is granted to publish, in whole or in part, any news releases on this page.
Print — A print-friendly version of the news release shows only the release with font sizes set to the browser default.
E-mail — This link launches your e-mail client with the subject and message filled in. All you need to do is fill in the recipient.
Plain Text — Plain text versions of TPWD news releases are provided for copying and pasting into editing software.
To copy text into an editing software:
- Click a Plain Text link to display the plain text page in your browser.
- Select all.
- Paste in a document in your editing program.
Permalink — This is a direct link to the news release, omitting the navigation context from the URI.
English/Spanish — News releases posted in both English and Spanish have one of these links.
If you have any suggestions for improving these pages, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention Plain Text Pages.