2013 News Releases About Hunting
May 15, 2013
- Public Hunter Bags New Texas State Record Alligator [News Images]
Plain Text –
AUSTIN – A young hunter who grew up with a fascination about dinosaurs and a dream of hunting what some call “living dinosaurs” has harvested the largest alligator ever certified in Texas. Braxton Bielski, an 18-year-old high school senior on his first alligator hunt, bagged the behemoth 800-pound, 14-foot, 3-inch gator during a recent public hunt on the James E. Daughtrey Wildlife Management Area.
May 1, 2013
- Report Shows Hunting Remains Safe Outdoor Activity
Plain Text –
AUSTIN, Texas — Hunting accidents and fatalities in Texas continued their long-term decline in 2012, still below three accidents per 100,000 hunters in recent years.
April 2, 2013
- TPWD Adopts Changes to Mule Deer MLDP, Pronghorn Seasons
Plain Text –
AUSTIN — The Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission has approved an experimental pronghorn buck season in some areas of the Panhandle, which would allow landowners to control the harvest of buck pronghorn on their properties. In addition, an extension to the existing mule deer managed lands deer permits (MLDP) season will be part of changes to the upcoming 2013-14 Statewide Hunting Proclamation.
March 14, 2013
March 7, 2013
- Texas Parks and Wildlife Turns 50 This Year — Agency Calls for Texans To Share Stories, Photos, Become Ambassadors for the Future [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
Feb. 19, 2013 — Bundled Plain Text
- TPWD Scoping Potential Special White-Winged Dove Area Regulations [News Images] [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
- Trans-Pecos Pronghorn Restoration Effort Continues [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
Feb. 6, 2013
Feb. 4, 2013
Jan. 24, 2013
- Game Warden Named Texas “Officer of the Year” by Conservation Association [News Images] [Print – Plain Text – Permalink]
Publication — Permission is granted to publish, in whole or in part, any news releases on this page.
Print — A print-friendly version of the news release shows only the release with font sizes set to the browser default.
E-mail — This link launches your e-mail client with the subject and message filled in. All you need to do is fill in the recipient.
Plain Text — Plain text versions of TPWD news releases are provided for copying and pasting into editing software.
To copy text into an editing software:
- Click a Plain Text link to display the plain text page in your browser.
- Select all.
- Paste in a document in your editing program.
Permalink — This is a direct link to the news release, omitting the navigation context from the URI.
English/Spanish — News releases posted in both English and Spanish have one of these links.
If you have any suggestions for improving these pages, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention Plain Text Pages.