Note: This item is more than three years old. Please take the publication date into consideration for any date references.
Dec. 23, 2009
TPWD Seeks Public Input on Snook Limits
CORPUS CHRISTI — The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department coastal fisheries officials will be hosting a series of public scoping meetings in January to obtain public input regarding potential changes to fishery regulations.
The department is seeking public input on a possible regulation change to lower the minimum size limit for snook.
TPWD is also considering changes to regulations separating commercial fishing from recreational fishing.
Also, clarification of existing regulations concerning aquatic product reporting requirements for commercial fishing interests and possession of harvested fish regulations are being considered.
The public is invited to attend and provide comments at any of the following meetings: All meetings begin at 7 p.m.
- Dickinson, Jan. 12, TPWD Dickinson Marine Lab, 1502 FM 517E (Pine Dr.).
- Corpus Christi, Jan. 13, Texas A&M University, Natural Resource Center, Rm. 1003, 6300 Ocean Dr.
- Port Isabel, Jan. 14, Port Isabel Community Center, 213 Yturria.
If you are unable to attend one of these meeting and would like to provide comments please contact your regional Fisheries Outreach Specialist:
- Upper Coast ,Tonya Wiley, Dickinson Marine Lab, phone 281-534-0131, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lower Coast, Art Morris, Corpus Christi Field Station, phone 361-825-3356, email: email@example.com.
Publication — Permission is granted to publish, in whole or in part, any news releases on this page.
Print — A print-friendly version of the news release shows only the release with font sizes set to the browser default.
E-mail — This link launches your e-mail client with the subject and message filled in. All you need to do is fill in the recipient.
Plain Text — Plain text versions of TPWD news releases are provided for copying and pasting into editing software.
To copy text into an editing software:
- Click a Plain Text link to display the plain text page in your browser.
- Select all.
- Paste in a document in your editing program.
Permalink — This is a direct link to the news release, omitting the navigation context from the URI.
English/Spanish — News releases posted in both English and Spanish have one of these links.
If you have any suggestions for improving these pages, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention Plain Text Pages.