- develop a high degree of stealth, perseverance, patience and effort.
- become adept at scouting, tracking and recovering game.
- master new archery techniques and learn the anatomy and behavior of the game.
Before attempting to use archery equipment as a hunting tool, each bowhunter should become a proficient archer. This requires dedication, practice and good distance-judging ability.
Additional bowhunter training is available though a special course offered by Texas Parks and Wildlife Department through the International Bowhunting Education Program and the National Bowhunting Education Foundation. Bowhunter education certification does not substitute for Texas Hunter Education Certification.
IBEP Traditional Course (International Bowhunter Education Program)
Nationally-approved Online Course - The official NBEF bowhunter classroom course - online
- Free registration - pay only when you pass!
- Narrated bow hunter course, so you can listen, read, or both
- Exam questions are read aloud too
- Hundreds of realistric illustrations - you'll feel like you're outdoors
- Treestand safety videos will minimize your risk of injury
Bowhunter Home Study Field Course