Wood County Seat: Quitman
General Season Apr. 1 - June 30, 2014Bag Limit 1 per person per year
DoveDetails… Migratory Game Bird Stamp
- Central Zone Zone Map
Regular Season Sept. 1 - Oct. 23, 2013
Dec. 20, 2013 - Jan. 5, 2014Daily Limit 15 white-winged, mourning and white-tipped doves in the aggregate, to include no more than 2 white-tippedPossession Limit Three times the daily bag limit
Falconry Nov. 9 - Dec. 15, 2013Daily Bag Limit 3 in the aggregatePossession Limit Three times the daily bag limit
DuckDetails… Migratory Game Bird Stamp
- North Zone Zone Map
Youth-Only Oct. 26 - 27, 2013
Regular Season Nov. 2 - Dec. 8, 2013
Dec. 21, 2013 - Jan. 26, 2014
Falconry Jan. 27 - Feb. 10, 2014Daily Bag Limit 3 migratory game birds, singly or in the aggregate.Possession Limit 9 migratory game birds, singly or in the aggregate.
"Dusky" Duck Nov. 7 - Dec. 8, 2013
Dec. 21, 2013 - Jan. 26, 2014
- Duck Daily Bag Limit 6 in the aggregate. Including no more than: 5 mallards (only two may be hens), 3 wood ducks, 3 scaup, 2 redheads, 2 pintail, 2 canvasback, and 1 "dusky" duck. For all other species not listed, the bag limit shall be 6. Mottled duck, Mexican like duck, black duck and their hybrids are closed the first five days of the season in each zone.
- Merganser Daily Bag Limit 5 in the aggregate, to include no more than 2 hooded mergansers.
- Coot Daily Bag Limit 15 birds
- Possession Limit Three times the daily bag limit
- East Zone Zone Map
Canada Geese Season Sept. 14 - 29, 2013
Nov. 2, 2013 - Jan. 26, 2014
Light Geese Nov. 2, 2013 - Jan. 26, 2014
Light Geese (Conservation Order) Jan. 27 - Mar. 23, 2014
White-fronted Geese Nov. 2, 2013 - Jan. 12, 2014
- Daily Bag Limit 3 Canada geese, 2 White-fronted geese, 20 Light geese.
- Possession Limit Dark geese three times the daily bag limit. Light geese no possession limit.
- No Open Season
QuailDetails… Upland Game Bird Stamp
Regular Season Oct. 26, 2013 - Feb. 23, 2014Daily Bag Limit 15Possession Limit 45
Rabbits and HaresDetails…
No closed seasonBag Limit None
Rails, Gallinules and MoorhensDetails… Migratory Game Bird Stamp
Regular Season Sept. 14 - 29, 2013
Nov. 2 - Dec. 25, 2013Daily Bag Limit 15 in the aggregatePossession Limit Three times the daily bag limit
Falconry Jan. 27 - Feb. 10, 2014Daily Bag Limit 3 in the aggregatePossession Limit Three times the daily bag limit
- East Texas
General Season Oct. 1, 2013 - Feb. 2, 2014
May 1 - 31, 2014
Youth-Only Sept. 28 - 29, 2013
- Daily Bag Limit 10
- Possession Limit 20
TealDetails… Migratory Game Bird Stamp
September Teal Only Season Sept. 14 - 29, 2013Daily Bag Limit 6 in the aggregatePossession Limit Three times the daily bag limit
Spring Season Apr. 15 - May 14, 2014
- Bag Limit 1
- Means and Methods Restriction Shotgun, lawful archery equipment, and crossbows only. It is unlawful for any person to take or attempt to take turkeys by the aid of baiting, or on or over a baited area, and all turkeys harvested during the open season must be registered at designated check stations within 24 hours of the time of kill. Harvested turkeys may be field dressed, but must otherwise remain intact.
- Bag Limit The annual bag limit for turkey, in the aggregate for all counties, is four (4), no more than one of which may be an Eastern turkey.
- Bag Composition Gobblers only
Eastern TurkeyZone Map
- North Texas
Archery Only Sept. 28 - Nov. 1, 2013No permit required unless MLD permits have been issued for the property.
General Season Nov. 2, 2013 - Jan. 5, 2014Antlerless Permit On USFS, Corps of Engineers, and river authority lands, the take of antlerless deer shall be by permit only, except in Fannin County. On all other tracts of land, antlerless deer may be taken without permits from Nov. 28-Dec. 1, 2013. At all other times, antlerless deer may be taken by antlerless MLD or LAMPS permits only. If antlerless deer permits have been issued, they must be attached to all antlerless deer harvested from the tract of land.
Youth-OnlyEarly Youth-Only Season Oct. 26 - 27, 2013Late Youth-Only Season Jan. 6 - 19, 2014
- Bag Limit 4 deer, no more than 2 bucks, and no more than 2 antlerless, all seasons combined.
- Antler Restrictions Special Antler Restrictions do not apply to properties for which Level 2 or Level 3 MLDPs have been issued. For counties with Special Antler Restrictions, a legal buck deer has: 1. at least one unbranched antler, or 2. an inside spread of 13 inches or greater. The inside spread requirement does not apply to any buck that has an unbranched antler. Not more than one buck with an inside spread of 13 inches or greater may be taken.
Wilson's Snipe (Common Snipe or Jacksnipe)Details… Migratory Game Bird Stamp
Regular Season Nov. 2, 2013 - Feb. 16, 2014Daily Bag Limit 8 in the aggregatePossession Limit Three times the daily bag limit