Residents may buy hunting and fishing licenses valid for the lifetime of the license holder. The lifetime license exempts the holder from all state stamp endorsement requirements other than the Reptile and Amphibian Stamp Endorsement. The lifetime license does not exempt the holder from the Federal Duck Stamp requirement. Not valid for commercial trapping.
Beginning August 15th of each license year, existing lifetime license holders may obtain current year tags immediately, at no fee, at any one of our license agents located across the state. A Request for Lifetime License Tags may also be printed.
Applications for lifetime licenses may be obtained:
- in person from TPWD Law Enforcement offices
- by printing the
- or by calling (800) 792-1112 (option 7, extension 4820).
Lifetime licenses are only available for sale from the TPWD Austin Headquarters and TPWD Law Enforcement Offices.
Types of Lifetime Licenses
- Lifetime Resident Combination Hunting and Fishing (Type 980):
- Lifetime Resident Hunting (Type 981):
- Lifetime Resident Fishing (Type 982):
- Upgrade from Lifetime Resident Hunting to Combination Hunting and Fishing (Type 983):
- Upgrade from Lifetime Resident Fishing to Combination Hunting and Fishing (Type 984):
Lifetime License Drawing
Enter to win a Lifetime Super Combo license in TPWD's Lifetime License Drawing