TPWD Web Site Accessibility Policy
TPWD is committed to making this Web site accessible to the widest possible audience, including people using assistive technology, according to the standards set forth by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
In an effort to make our site universally accessible, we are testing our pages with screen readers and other web accessible tools, as well as on various platforms and browsers. Our guidelines call for:
- Following current web standards for XHTML 1.0, and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS2);
- Avoiding use of animation material;
- Testing in our most popular browsers (IE and Firefox); and,
- Using various accessibility checklists and guidelines, including those at www.w3.org/TR/WAI-WEBCONTENT.
Our latest PDFs produced with Adobe Acrobat 5.0 or higher may be accessible to some screen readers. However, the screen readers may encounter some problems if the PDF files include complex formatting, graphics or tables. Access Adobe is a free tool on the Adobe site where you can go to request conversion of a Web page to either HTML or plain text.
If you use assistive technology and the format of any material on our web sites interferes with your ability to access the information, please use the following point of contact for assistance: email@example.com
To enable us to respond in a manner most helpful to you, please indicate:
- the nature of your accessibility problem;
- the preferred format in which you wish to receive the material;
- the Web address of the requested material; and,
- your contact information.
Additional information about accessibility programs in Texas are available from the Governor's Committee on People with Disabilities.
The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or in the provision of services. Any request for reasonable accommodation needed for accessing information on the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department Web site will be addressed. Contact us.
Top of Page