Emergency: Hurricane Alex
The Texas Governor’s Office is coordinating official communication about Alex for the State of Texas, including TPWD activities. For complete information, see the Texas govenor's website at http://governor.state.tx.us/, or news media may phone the press office at (512) 463-1826.
- Texas State Park Closures
- Texas Department of Transportation: Road Conditions
- Texas Department of Public Safety: Situation Reports
- For observed pollution events and associated fish and wildlife kills in Texas during Hurricane Alex (both pre- and post- landfall), please call the Texas Groundwater Protection Committee pollution reporting line at 800-832-8224.
- National Hurricane Center (National Weather Service)
- National Weather Service Forecast Office — Brownsville
- TPWD Social Media (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Flickr)
- SciGuy Blog — Houston Chronicle
Related TPWD News Updates (Latest First)
- June 29, 2010 — TPWD Urges Boaters to Be Safe this Holiday Weekend
- June 29, 2010 — Texas Parks & Wildlife Gears Up for Alex