Emergency: Hurricane Alex
Updated 2:00 p.m. June 30, 2010
The Texas Governor’s Office is coordinating official communication about Alex for the State of Texas, including TPWD activities. For complete information, see the Texas govenor's website at http://governor.state.tx.us/, or news media may phone the press office at (512) 463-1826.
- Texas State Park Closures
- Texas Department of Transportation: Road Conditions
- Texas Department of Public Safety: Situation Reports
- For observed pollution events and associated fish and wildlife kills in Texas during Hurricane Alex (both pre- and post- landfall), please call the Texas Groundwater Protection Committee pollution reporting line at 800-832-8224.
- National Hurricane Center (National Weather Service)
- National Weather Service Forecast Office — Brownsville
- TPWD Social Media (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Flickr)
- SciGuy Blog — Houston Chronicle
Related TPWD News Updates (Latest First)
- June 29, 2010 — TPWD Urges Boaters to Be Safe this Holiday Weekend
- June 29, 2010 — Texas Parks & Wildlife Gears Up for Alex