Blanco State Park is 104.6 acres located along the Blanco River in Blanco County. The land was deeded by private owners in 1933 before the park was opened in 1934.
The park area was used as a campsite by early explorers and settlers. A spring in the park made the location ideal when the river was dry. Original developments were made by the Civilian Conservation Corps.