Lake Whitney State Park

Oct. 9, 2014 - Main boat ramp is closed; the primitive ramp remains open.

The park will be closed on the following dates in December and January....

History

The 775-acre Lake Whitney State Park was acquired in 1954 by a Department of the Army lease and opened in May 1965. The park is along the east shore of Lake Whitney, west of Hillsboro in Hill County.

The park is located on Lake Whitney near ruins of Towash, an early Texas settlement inundated by Lake Whitney. Towash Village was named for the chief of the Hainai Indians, who moved into the area in 1835.


Back to Top
Back to Top