Mojo Beef Kabobs
- 1 lb. boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1-inch thick
- 1 tsp. coarse grind black pepper
- 1 large lime, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 small red onion, cut into 8 thin wedges
- 1 container grape or cherry tomatoes (about 10 oz.)
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh oregano
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp. salt
Whisk Mojo Sauce ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
Cut beef steak into 1-1/4 inch pieces; season with pepper.
Alternately thread beef with lime and onion wedges evenly onto four 12-inch metal skewers. Thread tomatoes evenly onto four 12-inch metal skewers.
Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill tomato kabobs, uncovered, about 2-4 minutes or until slightly softened, turning occasionally. Grill beef kabobs, uncovered, about 8 to 10 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
Serve kabobs drizzled with sauce.
Serve with rice pilaf and a green salad. Mojo Sauce is great used as a marinade.
Nutrition info per serving: 285 calories; 15 g fat (3 g sat. fat; 10 g monounsaturated fat); 50 mg cholesterol; 500 mg sodium; 10 g carbohydrate; 1.8 g fiber; 27 g protein; 8.2 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg vitamin B12; 2.6 mg iron; 31.9 mcg selenium; 5.1 mg zinc.
Recipe Courtesy of the Texas Beef Council