Texas Outdoor Family
Learn everything you need to know to have a successful camping experience at a Texas Outdoor Family (TOF) workshop.
TOF Workshops are hosted at state parks where your family receives hands-on experience learning basic outdoor skills. We provide all the equipment, too!
- How to set up and break down camp (including your tent)
- Fire starting
- Outdoor cooking
- Guided walks
- Nature activities
- How to use a GPS
- Introductions to a wide range of outdoor activities (such as fishing, kayaking, wildlife watching) depending on the site location, facilities and the season of the year
Best of all, no experience is necessary and you get all the help and advice you need from highly skilled outdoor specialists and trained volunteers!
For Questions About Texas Outdoor Family Workshops:
- Visit our Frequently Asked Questions Page
- Contact us by e-mail or call us at (512) 389-8903 Monday through Friday 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Sign up for e-mail updates
The Texas Outdoor Family program introduces new and diverse audiences to camping and outdoor recreation, helping participants build the confidence they need to become lifelong lovers of the outdoors. Support these families with a donation today!