"Habitats & History" Summer Camp
“Habitats & History” Summer Camp
Come experience a week full of history, fun, and the great outdoors. Our week-long program combines all aspects of the site. The 2012 Camps are June 11-15, June 18-22, June 25-29, July 9-13, and and July 16-20. Camp lasts from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., but you may drop off your camper beginning at 7:30 a.m. The cost of the camp is $135 per camper, which includes 5 days of camp, a camp T-shirt, and aftercare until 6pm. You will need to provide your child with a sack lunch for each day of camp. Lunches will be stored in a refrigerated space and delivered to your camper at lunchtime. Please call for more details: (281) 479-2431, ext. 234.
- Anchors Aweigh! (Monday) - Send messages using Morse code, man your 40 mm anti-aircraft gun in a “Battle Stations” drill, and learn what it means to be a sailor onboard the Battleship TEXAS.
- An Outdoor Adventure (Tuesday) - We’ll turn off the video games and head out for some outdoor fun. Campers will participate in archery, canoeing and fishing.
- General Sam Wants You! (Wednesday) - Experience what is was like to stand with Sam Houston’s Texas volunteers in 1836. Campers will tour the San Jacinto Battleground and Monument.
- Where the Wild Things Are ... (Thursday) - Dive headfirst into nature as we explore the restored San Jacinto Marsh. Campers will participate in wildlife activities ranging from birding and animal identification to water testing and a marsh “Critter Catch.”
- Into the Woods! (Friday) - Grab your pack and your canteen as we hike into the back trails of the bottomland forest. After an orienteering activity where campers learn to read a map and use a compass, we’ll set off on a 3.5-mile nature hike.