Village Creek State Park
Things to Do
Activities include camping, picnicking, swimming (1-mile hike to sandbar swimming area), hiking, fishing, nature study and bird watching. The park is part of the Village Creek Paddling Trail.
- If you plan to swim at the park, read through our swimming safety tips before you come.
- Alligators live in the park; .
Outfitters & Guide Services
- Eastex Canoe Trails - (409) 385-4700, (800) 814-7390
- Sharp's Canoe and Kayak Rental - (409) 385-6241
- Big Thicket Outfitters - (409) 786-1884, (512) 592-9327
Various tours and interpretive and educational programs are offered throughout the year. These include guided nature trail hikes, a self-guided trail, night hikes, slide presentations, campfire talks and other educational programs. Check the calendar for upcoming events and programs. Tours and programs are also available by request by contacting the park.
Ask about the Junior Ranger Explorer Packs available for free checkout at the park!
Nearby attractions include Sea Rim State Park, Martin Dies Jr. State Park, the Big Thicket National Preserve, Cattail Marsh and Pleasure Island. There are numerous museums in nearby Beaumont - The Fire Museum of Texas, John Jay French House, Spindletop Oil Museum, McFaddin-Ward House, Texas Energy Museum and Clifton Steamboat Museum.