2013- 2014 CWD Test Results (updated as results arrive)
|County of Kill||CWD Zone||Species||Age||RLN||OBEX||Official
NO SAMPLES ARE CURRENTLY SUBMITTED FOR TESTING FOR THE 2013-14 HUNTING SEASON. CHECK BACK SOON. (October 30, 2013)
- Listed are all samples that have been submitted to the lab for testing.
- A blank result is when a sample is submitted for testing, but results have not been received.
- Two tissue samples (RLN and Obex) were collected for most deer, and a CWD test was performed on all tissue samples collected. In the event one tissue returned a “Location” result, then the result for the other tissue collected for that deer is the official result.
- A result of "Not detected" means that the prions that are associated with CWD were not detected in the specific tissue tested.
- A result of "Location" means that the test was inconclusive because the exact location on the tissue that is most desired for testing was not located by the laboratory personnel. This can happen when the tissue samples collected from the deer are deteriorated, usually due to an excessive amount of time lapsed between time of harvest and tissue collection.
- A result of "Detected" means that the prions that are associated with CWD have been detected in the tissue tested and the deer/elk is positive for CWD.
- A result of “No Sample Received” indicates that there was not a tissue submitted for testing. Refer to the other tissue sampled for result.
- The Official Test Result column is used to help designate what the true result of the test is. Since there were two tests run there can be two results and it can be confusing which should be considered.