Texas Outdoor Family | Garner State Park (Hill Country) | Special Two Night Event | (FULL - Wait List Forming)
Join us on the Frio River for a Spring Break adventure your family will never forget! Learn about the Hill Country and how to enjoy it safely as our rangers help you build your family's perfect weekend!
Mar 10, 2014 06:00 PM
Mar 12, 2014 11:00 AM
|Where||Garner State Park|
|Contact Name||Texas Outdoor Family|
|Contact Phone||(512) 389-8903|
- Garner State Park
- Individual car camping sites for each family
- Restrooms with hot showers
- Overnight State Park Police Officer, public safety, and security
- Thanks to TPWD sponsors, the basic camping equipment needed for the weekend will be provided. Participants will need to bring their own food, plates, sleeping bags and personal items. Click here for a suggested packing list: TOF Packing List
Agenda & Activities
- Credible Campers & Campsites:
Adults: Learn Leave no Trace principles, how to pitch your tent and use stoves safely
Junior Rangers: PEAK Program “Promoting environmental awareness in kids” to leave no trace
- Building Base Camp: Families come together, gather equipment and build base camp for the weekend.
- Experience the natural wonders at night: Celebrating nature’s natural night noises at State Parks
- Caching on State Park Trails: Trail adventure and exploration through GPS and Geo-caching
- Kayaking in State Parks: Learn how to enjoy the state park from a Kayak!
- Fire Building and Outdoor Cooking Tips: How to safely build fires and cook on open flames / grills
- Coffee and chat with a Park Ranger: Q&A – Learn more about parks and conservation
- Know Before You Go ... Breaking Camp and Leaving No Trace of your stay
- State Park Junior Ranger Certification Programs – Targeted Audience: 5-12 years of age
- Environmentally-friendly program which adopts and teaches the 'Leave No Trace' philosophy and practices
- Additional programs specifically for use and enjoyment of a state park
- A shopping list/menu will be provided; you will need to bring your own food. Click here to see the suggested shopping list: TOF Pre-Materials
- Instructors will teach you how to enjoy family camp cooking.
- $85 per family (up to 6 individuals) - includes all entry and camping fees.
How to Register
- Call (512) 389-8903 and ask to speak to one of our "Texas Outdoor Family" customer service representatives Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. They can answer any questions you might have and also can provide the contact number for partner site workshops.
- You will be e-mailed a confirmation packet with directions and additional items.
- Please note that all reservations and full payment must be made at least four business days in advance of the workshops. All fees are non-refundable.