Neighborhood Fishin' Regulations
The following regulations apply to Neighborhood Fishin' lakes. They are also available on a handy wallet card.
- Kids under 17 fish for free.
- Adults need a fishing license with freshwater stamp.
- Find out where fishing licenses are sold in your neighborhood.
- Fish with pole and line only. This means a rod & reel, fly rod, or cane pole.
- No more than two fishing poles per person. (The two-pole limit does not apply at Oakes Street Lake in San Angelo.)
- Trotlines, jug lines, fish traps, seines, cast nets, bows and spears are not allowed in Neighborhood Fishin' lakes.
- 5 per day for channel and blue catfish; no minimum length limit
- 5 per day for trout; no minimum length limit
- Each person fishing is entitled to his own daily bag limit.
- For bag and size limits on other species, see our summary of fishing regulations.