TPWD Print-Friendly Page: http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/newsmedia/releases/print.phtml?req=20130531a
General Media Contact: Business Hours, 512-389-4406
Additional Contacts: Chase Fountain, 512-389-4475, Chase.Fountain@tpwd.texas.gov or Stephanie Salinas, 512-389-8756, Stephanie.Salinas@tpwd.texas.gov
TPWD Website: http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us
TPWD News Release — May 31, 2013
2013 State Parks Photo Contest Closes, Winners Announced
AUSTIN, Texas- Three winning images have been selected as the best of more than 1,600 entries from over 600 photographers in the Texas Parks and Wildlife 2013 State Parks Photo Contest.
The winners are:
- 1st place — Golden Moments, taken at Lake Livingston State Park by J Labrador from Huntsville
- 2nd place — Handstand on top of Little Rock, taken at Enchanted Rock State Natural Area by Jonathan Vail from Austin
- 3rd place — Altamira Oriole, taken at Bentson Rio Grande State Park by Paul Pruitt from La Vernia
“We were blown away by the quality of the photos, It was really hard narrowing it down to just three winners,” said Chase Fountain, a photographer for Texas Parks and Wildlife and one of the judges. “Ultimately what we were looking for were pictures that captured magic moments at Texas state parks.”
The contest ran from March 1- April 30 on TPWD’s Flickr page and the winners, as well as the winning photos, were chosen in May from a gallery of finalists photos based on composition, creativity, and overall impression.
The winners were notified last week and will be accepting the following prizes:
- 1st Place: A GoPro Hero3 Black Edition camera donated by Whole Earth Provision Co.
- 2nd Place: A camping weekend (two-night stay) for up to six people at the Texas State Park of his choice.
- 3rd Place: A Texas Outdoor Family Workshop for up to six people at the Texas State Park of his choice.
To view the winning photos as well as honorable mentions, visit http://www.flickr.com/photos/texasparkswildlife/galleries/72157633494346327/.