Chaparral WMA: Camping (CWMA)
Phone: (830) 676-3413
Fax: (830) 676-3493
PO Box 115
Artesia Wells, TX 78001
Dates Open: April 1 through August 31. Contact area manager for additional dates. Public Hunts: As scheduled annually.
Registration is required.
- Users may not camp or build a fire anywhere other than in a designated campsite.
- Users may not cause, create, or contribute to excessive or disturbing sounds beyond the person's immediate campsite between the hours of 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Users may not establish a camp and leave it unattended for a period of longer than 24 hours.
- Users must remove refuse from the area upon departing.
- Cutting of firewood is prohibited.
A campground with pull through sites is available for those with generators. There are no electrical or water hookups available. Other campgrounds are available for hunters during hunting season. Restrooms and drinking water are available only at the primitive campground.