Gene Howe WMA - W.A. "Pat" Murphy Unit: Rules
Phone: (806) 323-8642
Canadian, TX 79014
James B. Baker
Dates Open: Open year round, except closed for Special Permit hunts.
Registration is required.
- All users must possess required permits, stamps or license.
- All users must check in upon entering, registration is required and check out upon departure. The self-registration kiosk located on the west side, off Hwy 305, of the Unit.
- Users may not possess a firearm, archery equipment, crossbow or other device for taking wildlife resources on the WMA except during designated hunts and with proper permits in possession.
- Persons may not enter Restricted Areas identified by boundary signs.
- Users must obey all restrictions posted at the Murphy Unit or contained within the Texas Parks and Wildlife Public Hunting Lands Map Booklet or supplement to booklet.
- Users may not be under the influence of alcohol or consume alcoholic beverages while engaged in hunting activity, or publicly consume or display alcoholic beverages.
- No camping permitted on area.
- Walk-in area only.
- Horses, ATV and vehicle use is prohibited.
Visitors 17 years of age and older must possess an Annual Public Hunting (APH) Permit, Limited Public Use (LPU) Permit or Texas Conservation Passport (TCP).