Public Access Facilities
One public access park offers camping (no hook-ups), picnic areas, boat ramps, and good shoreline access. Operated by Thousand Trails Management Services (210) 635-8359. Day use fees are $5/adult, $3/child 6-15, $3/senior 65 and over, $4/boat. A fee receipt for Calaveras Lake also provides admittance to Braunig Lake. For camping, additional fees apply. See Thousand Trails website for details.
A: Calaveras Park
- Located off Stuart Road approximately 20 miles southeast of San Antonio. Take 1604 east from Highway 181.
- Two four-lane paved boat ramps are available, located approximately 1/4 mile apart.
- Fees required (see above)
- Open year round, 24 hours for overnight campers. Gates open 6 am to 8 pm.
- Operated by Thousand Trails Management Services (210) 635-8359